Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

June 1, Wasilla

June 1  Happy June 1st!  Not a lot to report for the day.  We woke up to a drizzly sky this morning, and it has remained overcast all day.  But at least it was dry after about 10 a.m.  Tomorrow the forecasters are calling for a good chance of showers on and off all day.  Since the weather looks to be overcast with rain through the weekend, Grant and Debby will not be flying to and staying at their cabin Sunday and Monday.  I know they are disappointed.

Grant converter a ski/land plane into a float plane again today.  I'm still fascinated being around all these planes.  I feel like a kid in the candy store.  Grant has been very patient answering all my questions and has even allowed me to help with a particular procedure when he works on the landing gear.  He also flew his J3 Piper Cub on a couple of test flights today.  I sense he has the itch to fly more than he does so this was a good opportunity for him to scratch it.

I'm sure this will be of interest to you...our waste tanks were approaching full.  Since we wouldn't be taking the trailer anywhere until Tuesday, we needed to dump our tanks here.  This is a task RVers don't relish, but it is a necessary job.

The position of the waste dump required us to move the trailer from its position with the picture window facing the best view towards the lake and mountains.  I then had to back it up to the dump drain.  Once this mission (emptying the tanks) was accomplished, I pulled the trailer out, back around, and put it in its original position with the great views.

Good news is we have cable TV...the bad news is we watched the U of Nebraska women's softball team lose a 15 inning game in the College Softball World Series.  What a heartbreaker!

Peggy and I have gotten back into our habit of taking an evening walk.  There is a loop route that we've established through the area that is about 1 mile long.

No comments: