Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

June 17, Wasilla

June 17  This is the second day in a row for running the AC.  Temps in the low to mid 80's here, but there is absolutely no breeze and relatively high humidity.  But...we're still lovin' it here!

We had chores to do today to prep for our departure for Whittier and the Portage Glacier valley.  I finally located a replacement trailer tire and had it mounted on the rim.  Came home (to our trailer) and took off the spare.  I had borrowed a tube of silicone caulk from Grant to see if I can seal off a leak near the kitchen counter which allows dust to come in when we are going down the road.  Happens to be on the same side as where the bad tire was.  Hope I filled in any gaps!  I then put on the new tire and put the spare back in its holder.  Peggy went grocery shopping as I guess we still have to eat.

I hadn't heard back from the banker in Brookings, SD, about renewing my POA for my dad.  I called his assistant who took the initiative to email me the renewal affidavit as an attachment.  We then went to the Ink Spot, a Kinkos like store here in Wasilla, with the pdf on a flash drive and had it printed out.  Luckily they had a notary in the store so I could sign it and have it notarized.  They then scanned that document into a pdf and put it on the flash drive.  Back to our camper we went and emailed the new pdf back to the bank.  Whew!

Since our camper has AC and Grant and Debby's house does not (no one does up here), we invited them over to our trailer for late afternoon drinks and snacks.  We had a good time visiting.  Even thought we see them a lot, there is never a lack of conversation and laughs.

Caught on TV some of the CWS game between Indiana and Mississippi State.  Hoping Indiana can make a come back (only because U of Nebraska is in the Big 10 Conference).  Update- Mississippi St. wins...

I don't think we will have Internet nor cell phone coverage for areas we will be visiting the remainder of the week, so don't be surprised if the blog isn't being updated.  (OK, OK, ...I think I just heard lots of sighs of relief!!)

I'm anxious to travel the Seward Highway which has been recognized as one of the most scenic drives in North America.  Even though we leave that highway to take the Portage Glacier Road tomorrow, we will drive the remainder of the Seward later this summer when we go to Homer, the farthest south place you can drive to on the Kenai Peninsula.  Even my navigator must be pumped about this trip because she has been reading about places we'll see along the way.  And I have to admit...I'm pumped, too!

A friend and former colleague of mine, Kim Nielsen, has posted some great photos of his visit to Rocky Mt. National Park on FaceBook.  Shelly, our daughter, and her family will be there after the 4th of July.  I don't know what it is exactly, but anyone from the flatlands of the Midwest loves to look at pictures of mountains.  The only thing that may be better is actually being there!




No comments: