Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

June 3, Wasilla

June 3  Woke up to overcast skies but no rain.  After breakfast I was on my way to take trash to the dumpster and ran into Grant.  He wanted to know if I wanted to fly with him to his cabin.  You bet!  He did say that there would be a trade-off.

So off we flew for about 50 minutes northwest of Anderson Lake.  I helped him get his dock squared away after the ice had pushed it up and over the pilings.  It was a good way to test out my new chest waders.  The cabin is really nice and sits on a very quiet lake.  Grant showed me around and then it was time to fly back.  I had a really great time!  Grant pointed out moose on the flights, but I could only find one of them for sure.

We flew over a couple of rivers that were flooding because of the rapid snow melt last week.  We saw a fishing resort that had 3 cabins washed away from the shore.  I've included pictures of them.

While I was gone Peggy did laundry and bought groceries.  This afternoon we went to an RV dealership to buy a replacement bubble level.  One on our trailer was apparently broken by an errant stone when driving a on gravel road north of Carcross, YT.  I did have a torpedo level in my tool box so we were able to manually level up the trailer.  It's just easier to do it if there is a level attached to the camper that works.

We made preps for traveling to Denali NP tomorrow- filling our fresh water tank, checking tire pressures, etc.  It will be about a 4 hour (200 miles) drive from here.  Hope to get an early start in the morning.

No comments: