Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2013

May 26, Wasilla

May 26  I want to start by saying that if you have been following any part of this blog you fast realize I am not writer.  I reread my Day 17 post and was embarrassed at the number of errors and typos!  I was in a hurry to post it as this pirated wifi I am on comes and goes, and I want to post before it "went".  Hopefully I have cleaned up and edited that post so that it makes some sense.

Because Alaska is 3 hours behind Omaha, I started watching the Indy 500 race coverage as soon as I got up this morning.  Congrats to Tony Kannan for winning.

The next two days will be at a leisurely pace for Peggy and me.  We have no real agenda or itinerary other than to do some shopping and gain more familiarity with the Anderson Lake/Wasilla areas.  Anderson Lake is where the Matanuska Air Service is located.  Anderson Lake is like a subdivision of Wasilla.

Planes continue to come and go both on Anderson Lake in front of us and the Anderson Lake Airport across the street from us.  I'm sure this activity will slow down after the Memorial Day weekend.  When we leave in our pickup, we need to stop and look to make sure no airplanes are either landing or taking off from the airport, nor taxing down the street to get to the airport.  They always have the right of way!

We will not have our own Internet until Tuesday at the earliest, so I am reliant on the open NetGear wifi.  It has a weak enough signal that I can not always find in from my MacBook.  Neither my iPhone or Peggy's iPad can see it anytime as a result.

I again want to thank Dennis McIntyre for being the trip's Chief Cartographer.  He has updated his previous map to show our reaching our home base destination in Alaska.  Dennis' Updated Map

So, that's about it for the time being.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! My name is Ann Leary, I am Linda Leary's niece. I live in Anchorage and Linda sent me your link for your summer here in Alaska. Hope you both are having a good time so far. If you ever find yourself in Anchorage and need a tour guide or want to meet, e-mail me at annleary@ymail.com.

Tom (taviking22) said...

Thanks, Ann! I've emailed you.